Featuring an additional 22 pages of story each
To celebrate their first month as a truly independent comic book studio sans distribution partnerships, Darby Pop Publishing will release Deluxe Editions of two of their previously sold-out trade paperbacks, Indestructible: Not So Much Vol. #1 Deluxe TPB and Side-Kicked Vol. 1.5 TPB — each now featuring an additional 22 pages of story.
Indestructible: Not So Much Vol. #1 Deluxe TPB collects issues #1-4 of the hit series — written by Jeff Kline (Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises) — and includes spin-off title Stingray #1 (her origin story) from writer Jeff Marsick and artist Luca Reguzzoni. In Shops: Jul 26, 2017.
Synopsis: Meet Greg Pincus, the planet’s brand-spanking-newest super-hero. One problem: Greg is neither super, nor particularly heroic. But, he’s definitely enjoying the perks that accompany the world’s misconception. Can Greg successfully navigate a celebrity-obsessed culture without revealing his secret shame – or getting himself killed? Will his hirsute best friend/roommate (Barry) ever stop making things worse? Will the League of Defenders quit sniping long enough to actually battle evil? And, most importantly, will Greg’s Mother ever be freakin’ satisfied?
Indestructible has consistently received only the highest praise from top comic websites:
- “Indestructible is a witty, unique, and often hilarious take on fame and what a hero really is.” – Comic Book Therapy.
- “Prepare for the most entertaining new property in, at least, the last ten years. What we have is not a bold re-imagining of what it means to exist in a world that has superheroes, but rather something that pokes fun at the genre from a street level perspective.” – Unleash the Fanboy
- “What makes Indestructible a compelling story isn’t just its depiction of superheroes as celebrities, but its exploration of our own fascination with celebrity culture and how it feeds into the whole superhero dynamic.” – Fanboy Comics
The sold-out Side-Kicked is back, and Darby Pop has added two brand-new origin stories, the winning entries from our most recent “Breaking into Comics” contest!
Synopsis: It should come as no surprise to learn that, within the super-hero “community,” egos run rampant. But how does all that free-flowing narcissism impact those standing just outside the spotlight? Chicago finds out when five of the city’s most loyal Sidekicks finally grow tired of being disrespected by both the prima donnas they work with and the citizenry they strive to protect. And it’s not like the Windy City needs another labor upheaval…
Side-Kicked has also consistently received only the highest praise:
- “Side-Kicked is a deadpan comedy that allows few breaks for the sidekicks throughout, tapping into the down-on-their-luck wave (think Hawkeye or Ant-Man) proven to be a winning formula in the last few years. The series is worth a look if you are keen to venture outside the mainstream capes.” – Newsarama.
- “Side-Kicked is blessed with characters that have been imbued with a heavy dose of humanity. Writer Russell Brettholtz has a way of making them come alive.” – Comicbooktemplewriter
The new editions of the critically-acclaimed Indestruc
About Darby Pop Publishing
Founder Jeff Kline started Darby Pop Publishing with the goal of using the visual medium of sequential art — aka comic books — to tell all-new stories. As a life-long lover of the form, Jeff convinced a small circle of his movie/tv friends to join him as he “broke into” comics after writing/producing more than 1000 episodes of television over the past 2 1/2 decades. Three years and nearly 70 books later, Darby Pop Publishing continues to be a creator-owned labor of love.